The Graduate Research Grant (GRG) Program was established to encourage and enable Omani graduates and pre-doctoral investigators, whether they are working professionals or postgraduate students, to pursue research. These grants run in parallel to other Block Funding grants including the Research Grants (RG) and Undergraduate Research Grants (URG).
The program aims to:
- Build a research culture in the Sultanate through supporting the initiatives of interested individuals or groups of investigators in areas that are relevant to their expertise
- Improve the quantity and quality of the pre-doctoral research
- Cultivate individual creativity
- Support research capacity building efforts in Oman through:
- Assisting postgraduate students to develop key research skills e.g. writing research proposals, developing research methodology, communication, research management and dissemination of results/ findings
- Providing opportunities for hands-on research training
- Establish a network of researchers
- Improve research outputs, such as:
- The publication of papers in peer-reviewed journals
- Patents resulting from innovative research
- The commercialisation of research products
This program provides financial support for the following groups of Omani researchers:
- Full time Employees with pre-doctoral qualifications, including:
- Bachelor degree holders with a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Master degree holders
- Postgraduate students, enrolled in postgraduate diplomas, Master and PhD programs in affiliated academic institutions in Oman.
- Oman Medical Specialty Board (OMSB) residents
- Postgraduate students studying abroad, who did not receive any government or industry funded scholarships for the current academic degree that they are enrolled in.