The Lindau Nobel Laureates Meetings
In its efforts to build research capacity and transfer knowledge and as an academic partner of the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings, The Research Council is pleased to announce the opportunity for 3 young scientists to be nominated to participate in the 69th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting, dedicated to Physics. The meeting is a valuable opportunity for young scientists to interact with Nobel Laureates as the audience of their lectures, panel discussions, and small-size discussion sessions. The meeting will be held during the period of June 30-July 5, 2019 in Lindau, Germany. The opportunity to join the annual gathering of Nobel Laureates at Lindau is provided exclusively to outstanding undergraduates, Master and Ph.D. students, and post-doc researchers in the field of physics or strongly related disciplines.
- In general, to be nominated, young scientists should:
- show a genuine interest in science and research,
- show a strong commitment to their principal field of studies and to interdisciplinary work,
- receive strong support of their application by their academic advisor and/or by internationally renowned scientist, through a detailed letter of recommendation, which greatly influences the evaluation.
- be fluent in English and capable of active participation in discussions,
- belong to the top 10 percent of their class,
- not yet have a permanent position (scientists with permanent positions – in particular on the professor level – will in general not be admitted to the meeting),
- not be older than 35 years of age,
- not have participated in previous Lindau Meetings
For more details on the Lindau Nobel Laureates meeting and selection criteria visit:
- To apply for the nomination, please visit https://www.trc.gov.om and fill in the web-based application no later than October 25, 2018
- Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered and nomination does not necessarily lead to an invitation to participate in the meeting.
- For further inquiries, you may email LindauM@trc.gov.om or call 22305371