The Lindau Nobel Laureates Meetings
In its efforts to build research capacity and transfer knowledge and as an academic partner of the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings, The Research Council is pleased to announce the opportunity for 3 young scientists to be nominated to participate in the 70th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting (5th Interdisciplinary Meeting) dedicated to Physics, Chemistry, Physiology and Medicine. The meeting is a valuable opportunity for young scientists to interact with about 70 Nobel Laureates as the audience of their lectures, panel discussions and small-size discussion sessions. The meeting will be held during the period of June 28-July 3, 2020 in Lindau, Germany. The opportunity to join the annual gathering of Nobel Laureates at Lindau is provided exclusively to outstanding undergraduates, Master and PhD students, and post-doc researchers in the fields of physics, chemistry, or physiology/medicine.
In general, to be nominated, young scientists should:
- show a genuine interest and engagement in science and research,
- show excellence in their principal field of studies and, in addition, commitment to interdisciplinary work, documented for example by double degrees or interdisciplinary projects in their research work,
- receive strong support of their application by their academic advisor and/or by internationally renowned scientist, who knows the applicant well; through a detailed letter of recommendation, which greatly influences the evaluation,
- be fluent in English and prepared to actively participate in discussions with laureates and young scientists,
- belong to the top 5 percent of their class,
- normally not to have a permanent position as this is a criterion for exclusion except in special cases,
- be not older than 35 years of age at the date of the meeting with exceptions for special cases (e.g., maternity leave),
- not have participated in previous Lindau Meetings
- commit themselves to being present in Lindau for the full duration of the meeting.
To apply for the nomination, please visit https://www.trc.gov.om and fill in the web-based application no later than 2:00 p.m. on October 2, 2019:
Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered and nomination does not necessarily lead to an invitation to participate in the meeting.
For further inquiries you may email lindauM@trc.gov.om or call 22305371