The Competition Idea / Stages
In order to reduce burning of fossil fuels and the emissions of toxic gases, The Research Council has announced a competition on electrical energy conservation. The competition is funded by Oman LNG, and is implemented with the collaboration of Ministry of Education.
The main idea is to implement a competition on electrical energy conservation within some schools. It also includes several programs on electricity consumption awareness and educations. In addition, it will provide Educational Renewable Energy Kit as well as a training program on how to use this kit for the schools that preserve the greater percentage of electrical energy on specific period of time.
- To encourage collaboration between the different governmental and private institutions to adopt national projects that support the national capacity building.
- To inculcate the culture of rationalization of electricity consumption between school students by implementing an integrated awareness’s and educational program on electricity energy conservation.
- To provide Educational Renewable Energy Kit for the schools that preserve the greater percentage of electricity power.
- To train a group of teachers and students on different technologies of renewable energy applications.
- The schools must be “Second Circle schools” or above, and selection of male and female schools will be taken into consideration.
- The schools must register on the website and to enter all required data, and to approve the implementation of awareness and training plan later.
- The schools electricity bills during the period from February to April 2018 must be available.
- No alterations or additions to the existing school buildings must be made during 2018, otherwise this will eventually lead to change the electricity readings between 2018 and 2019.
- The competition is due to February – April 2019.
- The amount of electricity power rationalization will be calculated by percentage of rationalization of electricity consumption not by the amount of rationalization in watts.
Note: registering the school on the website does not mean it will be accepted on the competition, unless an official confirmation reply is sent to the school.
The involved governorates:
- Al Batinah North Governorate.
- Ad Dakhiliyah Governorate.
- Ash Sharqiyah North Governorate.
- Ad Dhahirah Governorate.
Applications are due from September 12th to October 31st, 2018 at 2:30 PM.
For any further inquiries:
Office telephone NO.: 22305833