The National Research Award
The Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation is pleased to invite researchers to apply for the National Research. Submission is open from Sunday 20/06/2021 to Thursday 19/08/2021.
The Award aims to encourage researchers to conduct high quality research of national relevance and to publish in highly ranked refereed journals.
Category I: Best published research led by a PhD holder or equivalent (Senior Specialist or higher in the medical field)
Category II: Best published research led by a young researcher (a non-PhD holder)
- Education and Human Resources
- Information Systems and Communication Technologies
- Health and Community Service
- Cultural and Social Sciences
- Energy and Industry
- Environmental and Biological Resources
- The applicant must be the first Author, whose name appears first in the published article.
- The research article must be of relevance to the Sultanate of Oman and falls under one of the six research fields of the award.
- The published research must not have won any other award nationally or internationally.
- The research must have been published after the 15th of March ,2018, in a refereed journal, indexed in either Scopus or Web of Science or in one of the Arabic periodicals listed on the Award’s website page.
- The Award is limited only to original research studies and articles. Publications such as review papers, conference proceedings, historical articles, book chapters or medical case reports are not accepted.
- Only one application per cycle is allowed. If an applicant submits more than one application, then all of them will be excluded.
- The Applicant must provide written consent from each team member to prove his or her approval to participate in the competition.
- The award’s evaluation committee members are neither allowed to compete for the award nor to be members of any research team competing for the award.
- Only complete applications for the Award, submitted electronically on the award website, and supplemented with all the required documents as attachments, will be considered for evaluation.
- The award winners must provide any additional information requested by the ministry and shall be willing to attend and present their research at the Annual Research Forum.
- The evaluation committee’s decisions are final and no objection in this regard will ever be entertained.
- The application cycle will end at 02.00 pm on Thursday August 19th, 2021.
Specific Conditions (at the time of publication):
- The applicant for Category I must be a Ph.D. holder or equivalent ( Senior Specialist of higher in the medical field)
- The applicant for Category II must be a non-PhD holder.
If you have any inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 22305329 - 22305450