Community and cultural organizations, such as museums, scientific clubs, and women’s associations amongst others, are considered a dynamic means to communicate and simplify the understanding and appreciation of science and technology in various fields. This creates an environment to showcase inventions, establish connections, and support innovators in the country. Through these initiatives, the people in Oman are enabled with the opportunity to absorb and realize the active role of knowledge in Oman and overall in one’s life. Empowering individual difference making and enabling social partnerships is accordingly realized.
At its core, the program targets students, job seekers, and the general public in a fully-fledged social innovation system to transform ideas from individuals and local non-profit community organizations into commercial products and services. This ensures as many young people as possible have a supportive framework to develop their ideas, bring them to fruition and test their viability in the marketplace as products and services, tapping into their creativity and developing a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- Raise awareness of the role and importance of research and innovation across all age groups.
- Make sure our public institutions provide our youth with the entrepreneurial skills required by the job market.
- Encourage competitions and programs relevant to the National Program for Research and Innovation.
- Build connections between the public and private sector as well as the innovation and research community.
- Create a platform for individual initiatives, linking new entrepreneurs with the public and private sector.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data to support evidence-based decision-making in educational, social, economic and cultural institutions
- Create skill-building activities for job-seekers.